Flavours... an obsession



Hello!!!!!

Dear friends!One of my obssessions (no comments) is reading Cooking books and finding new interesting stuff... meaning new recipes... cooking secrets... easy recipies that make me see as a Godess with my invitees... Due to my work I travel a lot and I always stop in supermarkets to try and find different flavours (spieces, teas, coffees, cookies) and I also browse other countries cooking magazines and talk with new acquaintances about recipes and where to find them.Yesterday I returned from Chicago. And one of my companions (named Debbie) talked to me about this great magazine (I did not know about) named "Cook´s Illustrated" (America´s test kitchen). She sent me the link and... it is simply fantastic!!!!! All I have ever dreamt for is there! and I can´t tell about the mag itself! I will scan some recipes and publish them here...I will try and browse for other new stuff every day so as to share with you! Hope you like it as I do!

Now enjoy!!!!

Pages

viernes, 14 de enero de 2011

Brownies TIPS: Knowing When Cookies and Brownies are Done

Published September 1, 2005. From Cook's Illustrated.
Here are our tips to determining when cookies and brownies are done.

Cookies


Brownies


Overbaked brownies are dry and chalky and the chocolate flavor is diminished. Use the skewer test to determine doneness, but look for moist sticky crumbs.
 
A toothpick inserted into brownies should emerge with moist crumbs.



 
We think most cookies are best when they are chewy. This means taking them out of the oven when they are slightly underdone—in fact, the cookies are often so soft they will droop over the end of a spatula. Bake cookies on parchment and cool on baking sheet for a few minutes; after they have set up slightly, slide the parchment onto a cooling rack. if the cookies have crevices, the crevices should appear moist. When baking smooth cookies, look at the edges, which should be lightly browned; the center should be set but not fully dry.

TIPS:

Don't be alarmed if cookies droop over the edges of a spatula. When set, your cookies will be perfectly chewy.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario