Flavours... an obsession



Hello!!!!!

Dear friends!One of my obssessions (no comments) is reading Cooking books and finding new interesting stuff... meaning new recipes... cooking secrets... easy recipies that make me see as a Godess with my invitees... Due to my work I travel a lot and I always stop in supermarkets to try and find different flavours (spieces, teas, coffees, cookies) and I also browse other countries cooking magazines and talk with new acquaintances about recipes and where to find them.Yesterday I returned from Chicago. And one of my companions (named Debbie) talked to me about this great magazine (I did not know about) named "Cook´s Illustrated" (America´s test kitchen). She sent me the link and... it is simply fantastic!!!!! All I have ever dreamt for is there! and I can´t tell about the mag itself! I will scan some recipes and publish them here...I will try and browse for other new stuff every day so as to share with you! Hope you like it as I do!

Now enjoy!!!!

Pages

viernes, 14 de enero de 2011

Baking Conversion Chart

Published January 29, 2009. From Cook's Illustrated.

Guidelines for converting ounces into grams.

Baking is an exacting science. Because measuring by weight is far more accurate than measuring by volume, and thus more likely to achieve reliable results, in our recipes we provide ounce measures in addition to cup measures for many ingredients. Refer to the chart below to convert these measures into grams.

Notes: * U.S. all-purpose flour, the most frequently used flour in this book, does not contain leaveners, as some European flours do. These leavened flours are called self-rising or self-raising. If you are using self-rising flour, take this into consideration before adding leavening to a recipe.

* In the United States, butter is sold both salted and unsalted. We generally recommend unsalted butter. If you are using salted butter, take this into consideration before adding salt to a recipe.

CONVERSIONS FOR COMMON BAKING INGREDIENTS


INGREDIENTOUNCESGRAMS
1 cup all-purpose flour5142
1 cup cake flour4113
1 cup whole wheat flour5 1/2156
1 cup granulated (white) sugar7198
1 cup packed brown sugar (light or dark)7198
1 cup confectioners' sugar4113
1 cup cocoa powder385
Butter
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick, or 1/4 cup)257
8 tablespoons (1 stick, or 1/2 cup)4113
16 tablespoons (2 sticks, or 1 cup)8227

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario